“Relax, you’re going to die”.
While this Buddhist saying may suggest a dark thought, it is actually an inspirational call to action. Its a reminder to make the most of the time we have left on this earth!
So, while Don’t Go Gently may seem like a slightly strange name for a charitable organisation, the message behind it is simple once you know. Our goal is to try and effect positive change in this world, for whatever time we have on it.
Don’t Go Gently has been working as a Not-for-Profit organisation in rural areas on Nepal since 2011. Over that time, we have:
- Provided equipment, furniture and various support to 5 village schools
- Set up and continue run a free medical clinic that services over 500 local people
- Helped rebuild a village Buddhist monastery that was damaged in the 2015 earthquake
- Constructed a temporary village school after the 2015 earthquake.
- Assisted with the construction of 15 homes for the poorest families in a village that had lost their homes in the same earthquake event.
We are currently working with marginalised people in Nepal that lack the facilities and opportunities that we take for granted in the western world.
For those of you that have been to Nepal, you would know that the scenery is spectacular, and the people are even more so. Help us to help them!